- Twin Transit Receives National GrantGreat news! Twin Transit has been awarded a $75,000 National… Continue reading Twin Transit Receives National Grant
- Electric Bus UpdateTwin Transit’s remanufactured electric buses are well underway! It’s been… Continue reading Electric Bus Update
- Now Hiring: Human Resources CoordinatorTwin Transit is hiring a human resources coordinator. The Human… Continue reading Now Hiring: Human Resources Coordinator
- “Find Your Bus” UpgradeTwin Transit is currently in the process of upgrading the… Continue reading “Find Your Bus” Upgrade
- January Fixed-Route Fare AnnouncementTwin Transit will continue to offer fare-free service on our… Continue reading January Fixed-Route Fare Announcement
- Holiday LightsDecember is here – and it looks a bit different… Continue reading Holiday Lights
Click here for past Twin Transit posts.
Twin Transit Goes Green
Two electric buses will soon join the Twin Transit fleet! These new vehicles will power environmentally friendly public transit between Centralia and Chehalis, starting in November of 2020.
The electric buses are only the first step in a new wave of green technology integration. Twin Transit will soon begin construction on two electric transit stations, each outfitted with wave induction charging to power the electric buses in-route. Each e-transit station will also offer electric vehicle charging stations, bicycle and pedestrian access, and visual enhancements. These projects will be the first of their kind in Lewis County.
It’s an exciting time at Twin Transit. As new technology is embraced, the foundation is laid for widespread adoption, environmentally friendly solutions, and economic invigoration. We see remarkable things on the horizon!
Riding the bus just got a whole lot easier! You can now purchase single-use, daily, and monthly passes right from your cell phone or other mobile device. Simply download the Token Transit app by clicking here or through the Apple Store or Google Play.
The app will prompt you to fill in your phone number and grant location permissions. Once this is complete, simply ensure Twin Transit is selected as your default provider and you’re good to go. It’s as easy as that.
Now hopping on Twin Transit is as easy as tapping a button.
Thank You to Our Strong Community Partners
Twin Transit believes in collaboration. We know that building strong relationships between agencies, nonprofits, businesses and other organizations is key to community success and vitality.
We want to say THANK YOU to our amazing community partners. Working with you is an honor and a privilege. You are making this world a better place.