Twin Transit is taking the following preventative measures in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak:
- Each Twin Transit bus is fully cleaned and sterilized following CDC guidelines nightly
- Twin Transit offices are also cleaned and sterilized nightly
- The March 17 board meeting is cancelled
- All non-operational personnel are working remotely
- We are following official federal, state and local public health guidance, while continually monitoring the situation for changes or updates
From March 18 through April 27, Twin Transit’s service hours will be reduced to 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. During this time, Twin Transit will only operate three hourly routes, with the focus of helping riders access work, medical appointments, grocery stores and other essentials. All three routes will originate from Walmart.
Route maps can be downloaded here:
These steps are regrettable but necessary to protect our passengers, our employees and our community.
Twin Transit will continue to provide paratransit service to help those living with a disability access:
- Necessary medical appointments
- Grocery and drugstore visits
- Other essential services
Our priority is to keep our community, staff and clients safe. With this in mind, we ask all riders to stay home when sick and practice the following CDC safety precautions:
- Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds at a time, using soap and water. Wash them every time you leave a public place, blow your nose, cough, or sneeze.
- When water and soap aren’t available, use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol. Cover all areas of your hands and rub them together until the sanitizer is dry.
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue whenever you cough or sneeze – or cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow. Then immediately wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces like tables, doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, handles, desks, phones, toilets and faucets daily.
Contact the Washington State Coronavirus hotline at 1-800-525-0127 with any questions or concerns.
For more information, visit: