What is Travel Training?
Travel Training is a free program that teaches you how to use public transportation with confidence and ease.
Why should I ride the bus?
- Freedom – Riding the bus can help you get to school, work, the grocery store, medical appointments, social events and more! It gives you independence and frees you from having to rely on family and friends.
- Cost Efficient – Riding the bus is reliable and affordable.
- Confidence and Independence -Having the knowledge to ride public transit is a skill that you can take with you, regardless of where you live or travel!
- Opportunity – Riding the bus can open the door to new jobs, services and amenities, and connect you with family and friends in different areas.
What types of Travel Training does Twin Transit provide?
· Classroom and Small Group Training
Our travel trainers will prepare a training session for a class, group or family. These are especially good for congregate living facilities, retirement centers, schools and other groups.
· One-on-One Training
Many people learn best through experience. Our travel trainers will show you how to use transit in person, including how to read route maps, understand timetables, make connections and plan your journey. Gaining real-life experience will help you feel confident and secure while riding the bus.
Who is eligible for Travel Training?
If your trip begins or ends within the Twin Transit service area, you are eligible for this service. All trainings must be approved by Twin Transit at least 72 hours in advance.
Book your Travel Training session today!
To schedule your Travel Training, call 360-880-2491 or email Maleah@TwinTransit.org.