Twin Transit fixed route service will be closed on Sunday, January 9, 2022 to allow for clearance of roadway debris and to allow Twin Transit staff to reposition fleet and assist with recovery efforts.
Service will resume as usual on Monday, January 10.
Please monitor TwinTransit.org for updates and additional information.
A FLOOD WARNING has been issued for the Chehalis, Newaukum, and Skookumchuck Rivers. Starting Thursday, January 6th until Saturday, January 8th. If flooding is a risk in your location, monitor conditions, and be prepared to take action. Please monitor the National Weather Service River Forecasts for current and forecasted river levels. Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood water. Turn around, don’t drown.
- For rescue/evacuation:
- If non-life threatening: 360-740-1105
- If life threatening: 911
- Sandbag locations: https://lewiscountywa.gov/departments/emergency-management/
- River conditions in Lewis County: https://rivers.lewiscountywa.gov/#/
- Road closures in Lewis County: https://roads.lewiscountywa.gov/
- Emergency notification system: Sign up for Lewis County Alert at https://lewiscountywa.gov/…/emergen…/lewis-county-alert/
For anyone needing shelter from the flooding, one is now set up and available at Centralia Middle School, located at 901 Johnson Rd. in Centralia.
Lewis County staff along with the Red Cross are on site and coordinating the shelter efforts. Cots, blankets, and refreshments are available.
Those people seeking shelter with animals, pets not livestock, can bring them to the shelter. There is a safe location outside to put your pet, as they are not allowed inside the shelter. It is the owner of the animals’ responsibility to care for and monitor their animal.