What is Travel Training?
Travel Training is a free program provided by Twin Transit to assist passengers in becoming more confident using their local public transportation. Twin Transit’s travel trainer teaches riders to travel independently, safely and with ease.
Why Travel Training?
It is our honor and responsibility to serve you to the best of our ability. Travel training will help you use public transit confidently and get where you need to go.
Why should I ride the bus?
- Freedom – Riding the bus can help you get to school, work and social events! You won’t need to rely on family and friends to provide your transportation.
- Cost Efficient – We believe everyone deserves a public transit option that is reliable and affordable.
- Confidence and Independence -Having the knowledge to ride public transit is a skill that you can take with you, regardless of where you live!
- Opportunity – Riding the bus can open the door to new jobs, services and amenities, and connect you with family and friends in different areas.
What types of Travel Training does Twin Transit provide?
· Classroom and Small Group Training
Our travel trainers will prepare a training session for a class, group or family. These are especially good for congregate living facilities, retirement centers, schools and other groups.
· One-on-One Training
Many people learn best in-person. Our travel trainers will meet you and teach you how to ride the bus, including how to read route maps, timetables, make connections and plan your journey. Gaining real-life experience will help you feel confident and secure while riding the bus.
Who is eligible for Travel Training?
If your trip begins or ends within the Twin Transit service area, you are eligible for this service. All trainings must be approved by Twin Transit, at least 72 hours in advance.
TO BOOK A TRAVEL TRAINING SESSION:
Call: (360) 330-2072 or (360) 880-2491