Exciting news! Did you know that Twin Transit has launched weekday service from Centralia to Castle Rock? The Purple line runs Monday – Friday from 6 am – 7 pm. Twin Transit passengers can connect with Lower Columbia CAP transportation, RiverCities Transit and Cowlitz Tribal transportation and ride all the way to Kelso, Longview, Vancouver, and beyond!
- Now you can commute to work in Winlock, Castle Rock, Kelso and Longview.
- You can head to Castle Rock to connect to Longview where you can explore numerous recreation parks.
- Do you have medical appointments in Winlock, Kelso or Castle Rock? Now you can get there on public transit.
- Do you plan to take courses at Lower Columbia College? Now you can study and work on assignments while commuting!
- By connecting with other regional transit providers, you can even ride public transit all the way to Portland International Airport!
This new service accompanies Twin Transit’s summer route update. For the first time in over 20 years, passengers can ride from Vancouver BC to Vancouver, WA and beyond, using express public transportation. We’ve heard your feedback and are pleased to offer this new route for an even better, more streamlined transit system. Twin Transit will pilot the Purple line through March of 2023, when we will use ridership data and rider feedback to make any necessary adjustments to this route.
Twin Transit Travel Training for the Purple Line
Have you thought about riding the bus but feel overwhelmed with where to begin? Are you looking for a transportation option that will allow you to save money on vehicle operation costs? Are you seeking to gain transportation autonomy but don’t drive? Maybe you’re new to the area and could benefit from having a Twin Transit travel trainer ride the bus with you for your first few rides? Whatever your situation may be, Twin Transit travel trainers are eager to help.
Twin Transit Travel Training is a free program that teaches you how to use public transportation with confidence and ease. This is a short training designed to support passengers with any questions or concerns they might have as they use the public bus system. A travel trainer will work with you to determine what your transportation needs are and how Twin Transit services can best serve you. Travel training can be a very helpful resource for those who are looking to utilize the Purple line.
To learn more about Twin Transit travel training or to book your training session, please visit here.
See below for an updated route map and timetable, which take effect on August 15th, 2022.
For information on Twin Transit routes, please visit here.